[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Miracles do happen.

Amen. They do.

Guess what? I didn't have to swim for the friggin' 11th week! Haha...aren't you all dying to find out how I managed to evade the whole swimming module while you guys are desperately trying to cook up lame excuses just to stay out of the frigid waters? Here's the survival guide to "Surviving YOUR swimming module".

Step one: Fail your NAPFA - I don't suppose that's very difficult for the guys considering how high the standards are for passing. 220cm just to pass your standing broad jump. I shudder at the thought.

Step two: Retake your NAPFA - Yes. I trained and I retook it. Despite the fact that I managed to cling on to the bar after ten jumps and pulled myself up 5 times, I still failed my other sections. Just goes to show that pull-ups isn't everything. ARGH. I'm still angry over the whole "standing broad jump is a good form of assessment" issue. =((

Step three: Retake your NAPFA for another 9 weeks - Haha. Isn't that plain easy?

Step four: On to the new game! - Woohoo~ Congratulations! You've made it through without even having to stick your pinky in the water! =)) Now on to another game for the term.

Now now. Isn't that going to be a bestseller! Girls never have to worry 'cause they can always use that as a reason every four weeks. But guys...hahaha. Tough luck! Just gotta bank on this tried-and-proven strategy.

There's no such thing as a free lunch...and this applies in this situation as well. Sometimes, I fail to understand why I say the stupidest of things. For example, I had to add the clause, "Can I repeat my swimming module next time?" ARGH!! It was my conscience speaking!! NOOOO. The moment I said it, I had an epiphany - those kind that hit you on the head and suddenly thunder and lightning starts raging in the background and a doomsayer-like voice laughing maniacally away 'cause you know you've made a major (in this case almost life-threatening) faux pas. Thank you. All my efforts gone down the drain. And I only have myself to thank. *pats myself on the back*

***

I saw another RV girl on the street today. She looks like she's in secondary two. I can't believe she's going to be in that eyesore of a uniform for another good 5 years. HAHAHAHA. Almost laughed my head off at the thought of it. Trapped in there!! For worse!!

***

On to a more serious note. Assembly today was more of dealing with the canteen matters and it was headed by Mr Pang, our discipline master. He's hilarious and I'm glad the school's actually doing something about the canteen. In some other schools *coughSSSS*, I hardly think the school could care two hoots about the kind of food one is getting in the canteen - hair and all. Go Mr Pang! =))

It was shortly followed by the dean giving another speech about whether we actually deserve such an amelioration of the facilities. Well, in my opinion, most of the students here are indeed deserving. We can't just deny that fact just because of a few isolated cases of "wet tissue paper in the toilets" which are probably committed by a few students who have frighteningly infantile minds. Can you believe it? 17 year olds still playing in the toilet? Oh give me a break. They really should just grow up.

Later, he proceeded to talk about how the people who "skipped the EEP for no reason at all have been blacklisted". Great. I'm one of them. However, I'd like to impress on you readers that I didn't "pon". I was genuinely sick. But not to the extent that I had to see a doctor. You guys know what I mean. Didn't see a need to spend 20 bucks anyway. Could have used those money to buy a new CD! Like Carrie Underwood's new and upcoming album! But that, again, is on a random sidenote.

I digress.

I only skipped the last day. And I was genuinely sick. Only that the fact that I couldn't produce a "medical certificate" just makes me a delinquent, giving no respect to the amount of effort that the teachers put in to organise such a programme for us.

Please do not be deluded to think that I'm deriding the school or anything. I'm not. I love the school and I appreciate what the teachers have done. This, however, does not mean that I am happy about the fact that I've been "blacklisted" and "will be put off all programmes" and might not have a chance to take my "S papers" anymore. ARGH. I hate to sound agitated, like I can't take up full responsibility for my actions, but seriously. I think that the school is just getting way too uptight about the whole matter, partially due to the fact that it creates a bad impression on outside organisations. Fine. We have to bear the full cost of the programme as a punishment. But being blacklisted? And robbed of future chances? C'mon! People make mistakes and I don't think it's fair to have to be compromised on so much just because of missing ONE DAY of the programme - without the cover of a "medical certificate" by a qualified doctor. *pained look* That really put me off the whole day after the assembly. *hollers*

I'm just going to have to pray that my conduct pulls me through. Ugh. Put that off my mind for awhile now that I've typed it all out.

***

Managed to mug a total of 15 minutes in school after CT session before taking a siesta for 45 minutes! I couldn't resist the urge to close my eyes. Felt like there were lead weights attached to my upper eyelids! UGH. Woke up at 4.15pm only to realise that there was not going to be any Biology Olympiad training. =( So I just stayed behind to finish up more revision on biology before leaving for home at approximately 5.30pm. Ha! Resolution, baby!

***

Tomorrow's going to be a better day. AMEN!

4 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha saw you 3 times today! heh i love studying in sch, just that i end up feeling hungry later. bah counting down to promos is scary, and congrats on your french!! :)

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Edmund said...

haha dun worry abt the whole EEP thinggy lah... you cant do anything abt it anyway and it's all over :) and you only 1 day so dun think it's tt bad... haha.. :)

and gosh.. you wanna retake swimming module ?! you crazy or wat lah.. you shld have come CHS... then every yr they give you one whole term of swimming. how fun ^o)

 
At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey sean...you're so bad hhaha, i feel SORRY for that rv girl...manz, being a nurse for another 5 long years. I don't envy her.
you big cheaterbug, even the pon queen (me lar) went for ONE measly swimming lesson, not bad eh..haha. aiyo, you ar...tsk tsk
interesting entry, had fun reading it, keep it up!
-xinying-

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, good job escaping all the swimming.. You should be proud. My school (well high school, I graduated in june) actually is doing something about food too! I couldn't believe it. They're getting healthier food, on demand of students. Of course it had to be the year I left, but still. I think my school won the lottery or something because they gave my sister a plastified, colour, calendar. I almost had a heart attack when she showed it to me. I say argue with the Dean, some people don't go see doctors when they're sick! (Such as me.) You shouldn't be forced to go see a doctor so that it qualifies as being sick. But don't worry about the whole mess, it'll work out eventually. If not, arguing is good. I like to argue. See you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home