[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Ownage!

Managed to slog it out at my desk today and finished quite a bit of work! I'm very satisfied with myself, despite the fact that I'm as bushed as nuts now. The only thing on my mind is "I've gotta read Dreamcatcher." Lol!

Through all the revision though, I can't help but have this nagging thought about plans - those to tackle the emotional low that comes so often when you realise that even when you've tried your best, you still don't do well. I had one of those long chats with myself just before the O level results were released. I mean, c'mon. The O levels meant 4 years of oppression and hard work in the school. Mav once put it as, "the school that is as good as a prison". Something along that line. Very apt indeed. Anyway, I digress. Thing is, I can't help feeling the sense of dread that comes with receiving the results. The confirmation of how well you've done. I'm in no way a perfectionist, but I do set standards for myself. They're not high, I think, especially in comparison to some of my peers. *rolls eyes* But I try my best. No regrets after the exams. Even if it means scoring a loud and happy F for maths at the end of the day, I don't think I'll bawl for a year and a half before working hard again for the A levels. Damn. It's just the promos! Why am I getting so uptight about it all?

Promos. Just the promos.

Tomorrow will be another day.

Another day closer to the promos, that is.

2 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no, you seems to be on the edge of a nervous breakdown. haha, take care yeah? it is JUST the PROMOS!!!
-nu er

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah la promo, felicitations , et c'est genial que t'as la conscience tres tranquille, c'est rare :D ...Ecoute , je te souhaite des excellentes notes,que tu merites ...et pas de f happy nor lousy ...
take care ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home