[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

So you want to be a doctor?

Alright. There hasn't been anything blog-worthy to post about lately...since my life is revolved around mugging tutorials and revising the plethora of notes strewn all over my desk. The mere sight of the notes makes me want to roll over and die. I was flipping through my organiser just yesterday and it only dawned on me then how dangerously close the promotional exams are. Just a week away! I'm starting to get The Drive - only a matter of whether it's too late or not. I actually looked forward to mugging in school after lessons! Just imagine. If only I'd gotten that earlier...perhaps I'd finish more revision?

Trawling the internet as usual when I returned home in the evening when I chanced upon a lovely site with a forum that's actually updated frequently. I was just browsing the net for information of med school and when I saw this, I couldn't stop. I had to read from page one to page 17 of the forum. LOL. The information was helpful, no doubt...I've gained newfound inspiration. Long run goals and short term goals.

Short term goals - Score decent grades for the promotional exams. (No Ds and below hopefully? That applies to maths as well! =D)
Long term goal - Get into med school.

It won't be easy. But i'm giving it my best shot! Yay. Come to think of it, I do want it quite bad. But I won't cry myself a river a la Justin Timberlake if I fall short. I'll prolly scuttle off to do something with my econs.

***

Finished my photosynthesis tutorial! ENOUGH of photosystems and enough spelling frightfully long words. You know what they say about the ribulose biphosphate carboxylase oxygenase. Good heavens. Fourteen syllables!! And that's one enzyme out of...what, 20? Be brave, all who are currently assimilating the many mysteries of photosynthesis. Not long more to go and you can burn all the plants in your house. Who friggin' cares. For now, it's the "3 stage mantra". Lol.

***

What with French AO oral on the same day as maths? And of all papers, it has gotta be "my goodness, I can't do half the questions"-maths! Boohoohoo. Sobs sobs sobs. What to do? Now in my desperate attempt (to not much avail, sadly!) to recover my standard of spoken french, I've resorted to dragging Georgia to practise with me! Forget the stuttering on my part like some retarded kid and what you have is a helpful practice session. Really! I even have my dictionary armed to handle tough words like "sceptical" and "crush". HA! Thanks Georgia! =))

***

Tomorrow I shall be more productive. At this rate, perhaps I won't have to go on a 48 hour study marathon during the weekends to finish up my revision! I can settle with a 40 hour one! Yippee! *tries in vain to sound ecstatic at the bleak proposition of having to burn away the weekends right in front of my eyes*

No pain, no gain. I can only hope.

1 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol
good for u that u get the drive. better late then never!
jiayou!!

mav

 

Post a Comment

<< Home