[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Bringer of bad news.

Last week has been rather eventful, although not entirely in a good sense.

On the return of economics papers - I'm not going to hide my disappointment. Frankly, I didn't think I'd do so badly for economics. I mean, I was counting on it for at least a B, hello? Firstly, 23/50 for essays. Bad enough for me to warrant 50 bangs of my head against the wall. Had to manually lift my jaw back into place, really. 8 marks in total for the first essay, out of a possible 25.

"The average mark that I gave for the essay was about 14 to 15 marks." - Ms T

Looks like I reeeeally fell out of the average mark.

Looking on the bright side of things, at least I managed to score 64.5 overall for econs, which puts me a C. Again, I missed a B by 0.5 marks. I don't even know whether I should laugh through my tears. Lol!

On biology olympiad - Gotta admit I didn't think I'd get in anyway, but now that it's official ("my name's not there? oh."), just gotta live with it and cross my fingers and pray that I can at least manage an E for the paper.

On promos overall - I think I screwed it up. Darn it all.

On reading - Yay! I've read 2 more books this time in the week! It feels mighty wonderful to have time to read books now that there's hardly any work for me to do. Coping with the shocks of having to face my dismal grades is another matter altogether! But for the moment, I'm quite content spending my time reading. On to "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck. When I first read the book, I couldn't believe that the characters were going to speak in weird English again. Like anyone knows what "that means we'll be bucking grain bags, bustin' a gut" means! Then again, it's one of the beauties of literature, isn't it? Appreciating what the writer wishes to convey without fully understanding it. Hm. At least that's what I learnt from attending two years of literature classes!

Doing some "quality control" for music on my IPod mini now. My library's pretty small, only a meagre collection of 1059 songs. I know! But there are people out there who have at least a mind-boggling 10000 songs! Which really leaves me to wonder how they ever manage to select only 1000 songs to put in their IPods. That's unless they have a 40GB IPod, which costs so much you can feed a dying child in Africa for a year. Sigh. Blame it on society, people.

I think I'll pop a few tranquilisers before I go to school on Tuesday. No prizes for guessing why.

ps. Weather forecast for Tuesday : Raging storms with thunders expected throughout the whole day.

(For my readers who are clueless as to what is going to happen on Tuesday, I'll be getting back my maths, chemistry (Good Lord!) and biology papers on that fateful day. Mood likely to be in the doldrums. Go figure.)

4 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! god bless you for the rest of the papers. And i think you did quite ok what, just that your sch has very high standards. 64.5 is already a very good B over here. I'm praying for my results too.. arh..

BenJ

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! dont fret over econs la, even though it's your favourite subject. am worried abt my results too! heard that for lit the class average for king lear was a C la.. :( all the best for the rest of the papers!

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Edmund said...

heyoz!! jiayou for the rest of the papers.. as in getting them back.. dun be too affected by them even though they are impt... know tt they are what the Lord has given u yeah?? and He has a plan for u no matter wat He gives u.. He will make a way!! :) yeeahh... here for u if u need me ever.. :)
~ice dragon~

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

=) eh... at least you seem to be enjoying your post promo period -apart from the getting back of results that is. I've been stuck with pw ...and stared goggle-eyed at the computer screen for so long that my degrees went up over the week. can't use my old specs now.

so how was the rest of the paper? my chem was a disappointment..... as was bio actually. cos never study respiration, so q4, only got like 3 out of 16

 

Post a Comment

<< Home