[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Thursday, October 06, 2005

So...this is it?

End of promos.

There, I've said it. And no - no cheering crowds, no scintillating fireworks after the *painful* biology paper, no laughter, no...

Just plain numbness. I didn't know whether I should really be happy now that it's the end of the promos. I know my results this time round are going to be abysmal, especially chem and bio. *shudders* God help me.

"You have fifteen minutes left."

How calmly she said it. I could have screamed there and then. Deja vu? I haven't even touched my essays yet. Turned out I did the photosynthesis question and managed to pull off the 6 mark question pretty well. As for the evil 14 mark question that went "Explain the structure of chloroplast in relation to its role in photosynthesis" or something like that, I just spammed everything I knew about the chloroplast. Sporadic ideas no doubt, but bio doesn't mark for fluency. Just points. ARRRRRRGH. They're marking the scripts of people in the Biology Olympiad first. That means they're going to see how horrible I did - personally. I'm faintly trying to suppress another scream.

Forgot about it for the afternoon. Call it selective amnesia - a good form of painkiller. Made a trip to the Esplanade and borrowed four really nice scorebooks. YAY! Norah Jones, Jim Brickman, Sound of Music and George Gershwin. Yippee!

Alright. Now for the results to be released. I'd roll over and shrivel up in embarrassment on the day itself. A mutation, no less...due to environmental stresses!!

Till next time...Be safe. LOL.

6 Comments:

At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaah...promos finally over. that's certainly good news. have fun then. enjoy before the stupid pw assessments.
-xinying-

 
At 1:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah finalement Sean , felicitatons , vraiment c'est un grand soulagement pour toi , et je vois que tu as préparé des livres pour lire , ah sean donne a toi un peu de temps pour rien faire , c'est bien de rien faire de temps a autres...Surtout dans l'attente des notes...
Je te souhaite la meilleur chance et les meilleurs notes , parce que tu les merites ...
take care sean ..
bye , and thanks for the notes

 
At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah finalement Sean , felicitatons , vraiment c'est un grand soulagement pour toi , et je vois que tu as préparé des livres pour lire , ah sean donne a toi un peu de temps pour rien faire , c'est bien de rien faire de temps a autres...Surtout dans l'attente des notes...
Je te souhaite la meilleur chance et les meilleurs notes , parce que tu les merites ...
take care sean ..
bye , and thanks for the notes

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Edmund said...

haha.. xinying arh.. stupid PW lah.. >.< arghh

anyway sean!! dun worry too much yeah?? coz God didnt gave us a heart of fear but a heart of trust ;) yeeahh.. so trust him with tt heart he gave u coz he nv once left u! heeez... kk dun make u read liao got less time to enjoy! haha.. take care!! and seeya around in sch again.... jiayou!! :)

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger benjamin said...

Dude are you from singapore?? Thanks for the comments at artinmyworld.
As for exams...I feel you man...
O-levels for me in 2 weeks...Deciding my fate... plotting my futures...and bla bla bla. Yeah. Drama. You were spot on when you guessed I was a pure lit student! tis true, tis true..
anyway, Try this on for size,
Shakespeare said "Nothing that is so, is so." in Twelfth Night. Then, in another play, he says "That that is, is."
So.
Does "nothing that is so, is so" show that "that that is,is" is not that is so?
=)
never mind.
go back to your life.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger benjamin said...

hello again. I'm in ACS br
...the "ang moh" speakin' skewl.
yeah, like whatever...
the worst part about o-levels is that I WANT TO GO JC SO I CAN DO DRAMA AND LIT!!!!
but the rest of my subjects just...die out...
check this:
the longest word used by shakespeare is "honourificabilitudinitatibus" meaning to be in the state of being able o recieve honours.
=)
yeah. I'm a lit lover to the core.
but never mind.
go back to your life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home