[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Exchange with NJC choir

Sans the seniors, that is.

If I don't recall wrongly, the last exchange with the NJ choir was roughly a few months back, when the seniors were still around (thank God for them!) and we were still neophytes to the new standard of choral singing. For me, that exchange was an eye-opener. And yes, it added a whole new dimension to the term "good singing". Ack. The male singers there are just plain good. And I had to stand beside this guy who blasted damn loud which extremely sound technique. I was struggling in the corner, trying to get a grip on myself. "They can't be that good!" Right.

Back to what I was planning to blog about today. The exchange today was helpful and in a way...well, stressful. Alright, I admit it. We've got a lot more ground to cover should we aspire to be as good as them in the near future (read: before our term ends). A lot. Basses, at least we have improved in terms of confidence. But everyone, me including, needs to improve our much deplorable technique! C'mon guys, we can do it together. Even if it means singing your throats hoarse and your voice croaky. It's friggin' worth it. Just picture the voice of Royston in your head. There, motivated huh? =D

Shan't go on and say how we performed during the rehearsal, but we're holding an "emergency" practice tomorrow to salvage whatever we can - sound and music. ARGH! We've been having such "emergency" practices ever since the seniors left us to geek out for the A levels and it says a lot about us! I won't hide the fact that I'm finding it rather pesky now, but hey, if work needs to be done, it needs to be done. Period.

***

There, promo results are all out in the sun. Exposed. Unchanged.

I suppose I have to be thankful for my results. Too many shocks. Notwithstanding the pleasant surprise of scoring A for maths (this is a day to remember! MATHS! It's actually maths!), I think receiving the papers was a largely distressing affair on the whole. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. I hate having to sit there as your mind goes into a frenzied state thinking about the possible grades. It's almost like "psyching" yourself up to be prepared for the worst. I hate receiving less than expected results, eg. economics. I can't believe I failed my essays. Yes, I scored 8 marks. I hate...

Grrr. I hate throwing a bitch fit here, but hey! 05S71, let's do it together next year, alright? Let's stop being the last class for practically all the subjects - save for maths, perhaps. Time to pull ourselves together for the final lap next year, which is going to be the determinant for the A levels. =DD

Just waiting for 2nd november to see how the results actually turn out. Seeing the results in black and white could be comforting, to a certain extent.

I have just survived year one of junior college.

Wow. Feels great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home